When creating a class, you can use the "Lesson Plan" or "Start from Scratch" Method.
- Lesson Plan: Create a class using an existing course in the SolidProfessor library.
- Start from Scratch: Manually create a class by creating assignments and selecting content from the library.
2. Select "Use lesson plan" to create a class using one of our courses.
3. Input the name of your class and a class code to make sure only your students join the class. Once you filled those in, click "Next" to select your course subject.
Since the Lesson Plan builder creates a class from an existing course, it's a good idea to include the course name in the name of the class.
5. Now you will see the same view as the library. Start by selecting your version and then click the desired course.
6. On the left-side, there is a breakdown of the assignments including the number of lessons and duration of videos in each one. On the right-side, there are lessons plan options you can select. Click "Complete lesson plan" after choosing your "Lesson plan options" to complete creating the class.
- Number of test attempts: Select the number of attempts for the review test that is at the end of each assignment.
- Include baseline test: Select if you want the students to take a pre-test before completing the lessons and exercises.
- Include testing timer: Select to set a 1-minute timer for each question on the baseline and review tests.
- Autoplay videos upon completion and allow speed adjustment: Select to have videos play one after another and allow students to increase and decrease video playback speed.
- Include previous/next buttons: Select to include previous/next buttons on videos.
2. Select "Start from scratch" to create a custom class using selected content from the library.
4. Click "Add assignment" to create your first assignment and begin selecting content.
5. Fill in the assignment details and input available and due dates. Once complete, click "Save and add lessons".
If you're copying assignments from an existing class, use this article and start at Step 5.