Integrating with a Learning Management System (LMS) can be very helpful for Instructors. SolidProfessor currently integrates with the following LMS - Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle and Schoology.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions from Instructors that we receive:
No. The benefits of integrating with your school's LMS do not include access to SolidProfessor's full site OR our Library of content. They will only have access to SolidProfessor via the LMS, and restricted to the content that you assign to them.
Open SolidProfessor and your school's LMS in two different browsers, like Chrome and Edge. For example, if you normally access Canvas in Chrome, you'll open SolidProfessor in Edge. Opening the apps in the same browsers will cause issues with the setup process later.
1. Check if LMS/LTI Integration is Activated for Your Account. This should already be completed. If it is not, contact your school's dedicated SolidProfessor Customer Success Manager or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Create your class(es) in SolidProfessor. This must be completed before integrating your school's LMS.
3. Follow the steps to integrate your school's LMS with SolidProfessor.
You can test the integration to make sure it works by clicking on the assignment in your LMS yourself! If all lessons pop up, then your students should be able to see it as well. It should show something like this:
Some browsers play nicer than others when it comes to integrating with an LMS. If something isn't working right, try switching to another browser, like Edge or Chrome, to see if that resolves the issue.
1. Clear your cache/cookies in your browser. This helps reset the connection between SolidProfessor and your LMS.
2. Log back into your LMS. Ensure that each class and assignment was set up properly, and that grading is enabled for each lesson.
A common issue is students not following directions, and going directly to www.solidprofessor.com to sign up and access their assignments, instead of solely through the LMS. This can be solved through some quick troubleshooting.
First, make sure they have followed the steps to Connect to an LMS as a Student. If they have done so, go through the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Remove the student from the course in your LMS.
2. Have the student clear the cache/cookies on their browser.
3. Re-add the student to the course in your LMS.
4. Have the student log into the LMS and click into each assignment.
If you're unable to remove a student from the course without district assistance, skip steps 1 and 3 and simply have the student clear their cache/cookies and log back into the LMS.
If a student begins the sign-up process, then abandons it before completion, this creates a shell account for them in the system, with a unique name and placeholder email address that is not their own. It is important to identify which student is connected to these shell accounts, so their information can be updated.
You may have noticed the following in your Instructor Tools:
If you do, please ask your students for a screenshot of their SolidProfessor assignment, which will show the email address that they have in our system. You can use that screenshot to figure out which student did not complete the sign-up process correctly.
Always check to ensure that you have 'enabled grading' on each assignment. You will then need to make sure that you have selected the appropriate gradebook, under 'category'.
If your student's scores aren't coming through after setting up your gradebook, have the student access their assignment. They should see this option, and may have to hit this button a few times:
Alternately, you can have them follow the steps below to re-establish the connection between SolidProfessor and your LMS.
- If you teach in a middle school and a high school, make sure you're in the right school in SolidProfessor before creating your classes. You can switch schools by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner and choosing "Change School" or "Switch Account View".
Email email@example.com for hands-on assistance troubleshooting integration issues. We're available to help Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm PST.