1. Check to make sure that LMS/LTI Integration has been activated for your account.
For instructions on how to check, see this article.
2. Log in to your SolidProfessor account and create a new class.
Classes created prior to 5/6/2019 or the date that LTI was activated for your account (whichever date is later) will not display LTI integration settings.
3. In a different browser, log in to your Canvas account and click "Start a New Course".
Be sure you're using a different browser than where you have SolidProfessor opened. Eg. If you have SolidProfessor open in Chrome, you'd want to open Canvas in Firefox. Not opening the apps in different browsers will cause issues with the setup process later.
4. Enter a "Course Name", enter a "Short Name", leave "Content License" on "Private (Copyrighted)", and choose if you want to make the course publicly visible. Then click to "Create course".
"Short Name" will only appear if your "Course Name" exceeds 21 characters.
5. Click "Settings" in the lower left.
6. Click "Apps" tab at the top.
8. Click on "+App".
9. Change the "Configuration Type" to "Paste XML" and enter "SolidProfessor" as the "Name".
If there is more than one instructor at the school using SolidProfessor, you should also add the last name of the instructor after "SolidProfessor" in the name field (eg. "SolidProfessor - Washington").
12. Click to change "Configuration Type" to "URL/XML". Then click the copy icon to the right of your "Key",
Every instructor using SolidProfessor will have different a different "key" associated with their account and classes. For this reason, a single key cannot be used to integrate an entire school.
13. Return to your Canvas browser window and paste your "Key" into the "Consumer Key" field.
14. Return to your SolidProfessor browser window and click the copy icon to the right of your "Secret".
17. In a new browser window, paste the URL into the address bar and hit enter on your keyboard. Then, select all of the code on the page and copy it.
18. Return to your Canvas browser window and paste the XML code into the "XML Configuration" window. Then click "Submit".
20. Click "+".
21. Change the "Type" to "External Tool", enter the name of the first assignment from your SolidProfessor class in the "Name" field, then click "Save".
22. Click the 3 dots on the right of the assignment name, then click "Edit".
23. Click "More Options".
24. In the "Points" field, enter the number of points you'd like the assignment to be worth.
You can make this any number you'd like and the proper calculations will be made automatically to convert the SolidProfessor review test score to this number of points. Note that if you leave this number at "0", the resulting score will be "0" regardless of what your student scored on their review test (you're telling Canvas to convert the review test score to "0").
You can change the "Display Grade as" to "Percentage", if desired, and the calculation will accomodate this, as well.
If you chose to allow for multiple review test attempts when setting up your class in SolidProfessor, each subsequent test will replace the previous score in the "Grades" section. You can find the history of all grades by looking at the "View Gradebook History".